Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hakone Open Air Museum

We were happy to go with the home school group on a field trip to the Hakone Open Air Museum. It was a really great trip and the girls had lots of fun.

Here is some of the home school group outside the museum.


The girls relaxed


Ran around....


and had all sorts of fun.



Alright as I was going through the pictures this one just made me stop. Is it just me or is my "baby" meaning Harley looking way to grown up. Someone please make her stop.



The museum is really beautiful and as the name states its in the "open air". Which means you enjoy the beautiful mountains of Hakone while looking at art.



Some art was just neat. Harley loved this one. (just a note many of the art was of nude figures.... just so if you ever go you are prepared for your children when they ask why are they all naked..)



Stopping to feed the fish





Some art was built to play on, this bee hive one is awesome!


I took ten pictures trying to get all the kids to look at the camera, as you can see I was not successful, they were to excited.





Come back Gena!


My view looking up. :)


Some of the art was weird......





Some was beautiful. This stain glass tower was great!
Looking up the inside of the tower.


Looking down the inside of the tower


The view from the top


Relaxing in the hot foot bath was a nice idea..... of course its hard to relax when you are keeping your children from swimming in it.




They did have an indoor Picasso museum, the girls were not very impressed by Picasso, I must say I wasn't either. Do you see the girls way down there?

I liked this one

This art to play on was the best of all!


Because inside it looked like this!









Great right?
It has a name:


The girls really wanted to climb the outside.....

Harley pondering on what the statue is supposed to be.

The girls went in the:


I guess some people get married here. It would be pretty.

Gena even enjoyed herself.


I really liked this sculpture. It was so high in the sky though. That later when I zoomed in on the picture I noticed that yep he was naked too. I guess that's art for you?


It was a great trip and I suggest anyone who can, go. It was really inexpensive too!

No comments: