Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shimoda Aquarium

Here are the pics from the aquarium in Shimoda. It was kind of small but fun. They had fun little features that I liked. I had a hard time with some of the things. The penguins for instance they had lots of them but they were in little tiny spaces and I just hate to see animals penned up in such small spaces like that. It was the same for the seals. It kind of broke my heart. But there was a lot of cute things too.


The girls loved the dolphins. They had an option to swim with the dolphins for 5000 yen, we didn't do it but it looked fun.
These were little fish that eat the dead skin off you. Its a popular thing here in Japan that makes your skin soft. We have never had a chance to do it and they had a little place to try it with your hands. It was neat, but weird!!! The girls didn't really like it, I kind of did once I got over the weirdness of little mouths sucking you. Jeb said they felt like little buffers.



Japanese spider crab, eeew nasty huge! Can you imagine seeing that in the water. They are said to live up to 100 years maybe more. WOW.
All the penguins.



All in all it was fun!