Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Perch house

Ok so I haven't shown you were we stayed the whole time. Its called the perch house and this is its link http://www.shimoda-beach-house.blogspot.com/
The lady who we rented it from gave us lots of warnings "it is not luxurious, the stairs to get to it are very very steep, more like a hike..." anyway she was very upfront. So I was not expecting much.


Here is my list on it (for anyone thinking of going there so they can decide)

PROS

*great location (very close to the beach)
*Great price (it was about 100 dollars a night versus everywhere else was 150 per person, ouch!)
*Friendly lady to rent from (she was really nice and so so trusting)
*They let you use their stuff (surf board, boogie board anything that's there)

Cons

*Ok I have to be honest the kitchen and bathroom could use a good scrub down! I know she hires a cleaning lady but she does not clean much in those areas. That would be my suggestion it needs a deep clean.
*its a bit cluttered, I think the homeowners must still stay there sometimes and so there is a lot of stuff..... just stuff, you know cluttered in corners and on shelves. It doesn't really give it a relaxing feel.

So my suggestions if you wanted to stay there I wish we had brought our own camping stove, I was glad I brought my own shampoo. Just think of it as camping in a trailer and you should be ok. :) Oh and yes it is a really really steep hike from the parking to the house so if your not a bit of a trooper, well probably not for you. We didn't mind that part, in fact I thought it added to its charm.

so here is the grand tour


The road to get to the house


The stairs to get up.... once again glad for my tough guy, carrying all our food, and gear up that, love you babe!


Harley quickly saw the chess set and wanted to play a game!


OH and the story wouldn't be complete without a picture of our bathroom buddy! oh yes Niyah found herself locked in the bathroom with this guy..... Poor girl she was whimpering and me the mean mom said , oh Niyah your ok its just a spider.... then I peeked my head in. Yes I probably would have been whimpering too.


Trust me the pics and video do not do this monster spider justice, it totally freaked me out. I do realize that being in a jungle ( like we were) bugs like this are just part of life. Still it took me awhile to sleep that night.

4 comments:

WalkConkies said...

Okay, so I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight just thinking about that spider :)! Glad you guys are doing well!!!

Gary and Char said...

Dad says that is not so bad, yea it had long legs but....
That is your Dad, I didn't like to see it move!Shudder!!!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have just whimpered... Your little girl is brave!
Love you-

Mustapha MOKRANE said...

Great Grand Tour! I was Googling the Perch because we will be staying there soon and came across your blog :)