Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Camping in Okutama

We went camping! I was so excited. I love camping, I love being outdoors. It brings me a lot of peace. So I was very excited to go. I researched it out, looked for the best camp site and just knew I had found it. When we arrived it was beautiful. I was very happy. Online I knew it said 1900 yen so about 19 dollars a night. Not bad for a camp site. So we go to pay and oh no its not 1900 yen a night its 1900 yen a person..... WHAT?????? oh and another 1000 yen (ten dollars) to park our van. OK I know I still think in terms of America prices, but per person, for a camp site? I mean really we have our own tent its just a square of dirt with a fire pit, does it really matter how many people are on the dirt? I mean sure they have toilets and showers (but you have to pay for the showers too). Well me and Jeb looked at each other, not wanting to give over basically 80 dollars for a camp site but looked at our two bright eyed kids who were so happy to be there, and knowing that you can't just go find another camp site so.... goodbye 8000 yen and hello campsite *sigh*


But really the campsite was great, it was beautiful the facilities were nice (if it really had been 1900 yen I would say lets go back all the time.) Still we had lots of fun and the kids loved loved loved it. Genevieve loved just rolling around in the tent.


oops I fell in the river sorry mom! Sure that face looks really sorry to me. :)

I won't lose my shoes mom..... I don't know where my shoe went......

It started raining when it was time to cook dinner. Jeb was a great sport and stayed out in the rain cooking while me and the girls hung out in the tent telling stories and singing songs. It was so fun.

After a rainy night we woke up to beautiful sights!


My camping hero. He always cooks and makes the best camp food.


The camp site, we were the only ones there..... maybe that's worth 1900 yen? See the tree house in the background. It goes out over the river bank so it is actually pretty high up.
Here is Harley swinging under it. They had lots of fun.
Here is Niyah after she fell out of the tree house, on a rock and a tree. I really thought she might have fractured her wrist it was hurting her pretty bad. But nope she's tough.



Such a pretty place

To be continued.....

3 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

That is so lovely.

I am looking forward to our camping trip in a few weeks. However, we will be in the parents Motor-home.
NO fire pits and NO dirt. That is my kind of camping! Although, I will miss the smores.

Rachel H. said...

so pretty! love love love your updates!

Keri said...

well i think your tent looks bigger then most peoples apartments in japan!!! ;) It looks like a lot of fun and i am glad to see you out camping.