Monday, February 9, 2009

The first two weeks

I can't believe it I have had Genevieve for two weeks tomorrow. Already time is flying by.

The first two weeks where great!! My healing time with this baby was simply amazing when compared with my other two. Did I say I loved my Doctor. He was much more into letting things happen naturally and not cutting a person open to get the baby out faster. Let me tell you it made my healing a whole different story. Also Jeb had "paternity" leave. Ten days off to stay with me and the girls. What a blessing that was! Here is a look at what has went on these last two weeks.

Niyah has really mastered her bike riding. She raced her dad round and round the little park. She loved that her Dad was able to come out and race her. Harley loved it to but it was new to Niyah because at first bike riding was difficult. Now she keeps up with the biggest kid of all. :)





An interesting event Mt. Asama erupted. Its a little ways away. The picture is from http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/4oNQpWx0ElS/Mt+Asama+Erupts/Kk_haLWksxe
We woke up to ourselves covered in ash. Schools were shut down and the roads had to be swept of ash. Not to worry we were never in any danger. I still thought it was kind of neat to be near enough to a volcano eruption to get covered in ash.


Look footprints in the ash

Harley wanted to keep the ash... I however said no, where would we keep ash?


Otherwise we mostly hung around, relaxed and held the baby. She does not really like to be put down, and since we love to hold her her wish has been granted around 99% of the time.

This was her first day out of the house, we went to the store. Isn't the outfit cute!


Despite all the binky's around her, she doesn't really like them all that much. She thinks that her mom should act like a binky. We are working on that.


She is very bright eyed



Look she does cry!


This is the look she gives us when we try to wake her up and she doesn't want to..... grrrrr



The girls ask every time I need to change a diaper if they can do it. I don't understand why they are not convinced that it is a yucky job, but they were thrilled when I let them try with a wet only diaper. They are however very good at picking out outfits for her whenever opportunity arises.


They always want to hold her and the only fighting has been over how often they can and who gets to go first.
We did take one big trip on Saturday to a navy base Yokuska. It is about 2 hours away. It was nice to see some different sights, see the ocean, and I was able to buy myself some pants! This picture was just outside the navy base.
Lots of love from the sisters
This was her first Sunday dress. She was so good at church.

Well that is our first two weeks in a nut shell. She is growing, her doctor appointment showed her at 7 lbs. 5 ounces. Already getting to big. Just like my other two darlings, the time slips by to fast.

9 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Okay, she is so pretty and adorable! Love the hair on her too! That's great Jeb was able to stay home and help out. We miss you guys too, we'll come see you once you get back to the states, even if it isn't out west, it would be a good excuse to see another part of the country!

WalkConkies said...

She is absolutely darling! Glad you are all enjoying her!!! They do grow up WAY too fast!

Janeal and Brett said...

Oh my gosh! She is adorable! I so wish I was close to come see her and you guys! I'm so glad that Jeb was able to stay home and be with you guys. Niyah and Harley look like they are great little helpers. You have such a cute little family! Love you guys and miss you lots.

Lara said...

What a beautiful baby! I am sure she is a joy to have around!

Gary and Char said...

I just miss you all so much! There is a glow of happiness around you all.
Do I see a tint of red in her hair?
Love ya

kori said...

She is a very beautiful baby. Congratulations I'm glad all went well.

Unknown said...

I'm not baby hungry, I'm not baby hungry, I'm not baby hungry.... o.k. now that I have convinced myself of that I have to tell you that she is such a pretty little girl. I mean it! I just don't say anything if they're not cute, but she is a gorgeous baby. I would love to send you a card could you email me the mailing address to send you a card. Do I use a regular US stamp to send it?

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

WOW! My kids were super excited to see the volcano ash! That is so cool...unless you are too close to the volcano!

Kaitlynd is so jealous of the baby. She needs to get used to the idea that we are DONE!

Trent, Natalie and Jantz said...

Hey Salinda! Your girls are just TOO cute. I am glad you have some little helpers! I hope everything continues to go well for you.
Oh and I think that is REALLY neat about the volcano too. =D