Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Little Edo - Kawagoe

We took Jebs mom to a little place not to far from here nicknamed Little Edo or Kawagoe. If you remember when we went to "Edo Wonderland" I told you Edo was a period of time in Japanese history. Well Kawagoe has all buildings from that time period, not re-makes, real buildings that have never been destroyed. Whereas most of Tokyo has at one time been burnt down this little village remained. So its fun to go see. We actually took two trips. So here are the pics!

Genevieve, looking so cool!
Fran found her Buddha
500 Buddha's each with a different emotion. The one that's warm is the most like you...





Candy Lane! So many good sweets. I am picking some up for those people I still packages to. See I haven't forgot. :) Wasabi candy anyone?????

I love walking down these little side roads.

We went to the museum that talked about the towns annual festival. It displayed the floats and the carvings on it were so intricate. Here is one example.



Scary guy in mask


The floats in glass cases

The girls loved this water pump.

The old buildings in the street.
The Bell Tower


2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I have not forgotten either. I still need to figure out what to send you! Utah, is not all that interesting to you...I am sure. But I am going to try to get you some cool stuff when we start doing some cool field trips!

Love you tons!!!!!!

Debra said...

I know...I am still working on the package I owe to Jenny (West)...I know what I am doing...just still looking for exactly what I need to do it!!!