Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Showa Park with Ana

The last few weeks we have enjoyed having our friend Ana visit us. She is so fun and the girls adore her. We have done several things with her our first trip was to Showa Park.
We stopped at the Bonsai garden which was very neat. I had never understood what a Bonsai was until now. It is the art of making a small tree an exact replica of adult trees on a small scale. Its more complicated then that but that is what I basically understood. It takes years and years for them to grow these trees like this. They are beautiful to see.
This one was my favorite. It made me feel as if a huge maple tree had shrunk it was so perfectly proportioned. Neat to see.

2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

That is pretty cool. I am glad you are having so many visitors. Makes time fly!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty park. Your family picture is beautiful!