Thursday, May 28, 2009

Still catching up

I still have so many pictures to catch up on! At this rate it will never get done.

Here are some quick pics of some sights we saw with my parents.

This is a view from the plane ride tour I took with my Dad. From the air you really get an idea of how congested Tokyo really is!


Tokyo Tower


Us out to eat at a fun restaurant. You cooked your own meat and they had a cotton candy machine. The girls loved it!


This is outside the Imperial Palace

We went out to eat on my moms birthday at Outback Steak House. Very American!
It was raining a lot outside so we all looked a little rough around the edges!


Tokyo skyline from near the Palace


My parents on the train. Pure misery for my Dad I believe. This ride wasn't so bad, but on one that was a bit crowded, poor Dad he hates crowds.


We went to Ueno Park. Wanting to see the Zoo. But it was closed. But we made the best of it and just looked around. This is a monument which holds a flame that was lit in Hiroshima from the Atomic Bomb. They have kept the flame burning as a symbol of peace.


These are the little prayers they write down and leave at the shrine. They are fun to see, just hundreds of them. Prayers of people from all over the world.



Genevieve's face tells it all! Being a tourist is fun but very tiresome.

4 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Those are some crazy pics of Tokyo. It really put it into perspective.

I will have to show Kaitlynd the memorial. We have read A Thousand Paper Cranes (have you read it?)and it will touch her little heart to see that.

maddison and tami said...

your family is very cute. your mom looks good it feels like forever since we've seen you and your parents

Gary and Char said...

More memories, I love them all!

Debra said...

Thanks for the fun tour of Tokyo. Not many trees, are there? I bet you guys miss that. I am sure I will never get to Japan so I am glad I get to see it through your eyes!

(I am scared to death to fly over the ocean. It would take a truckload of Xanax to get me to do it...and even then...who would carry me?)