Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Grand Tour

OK some of you few people who visit my blog will find this very boring. But an even fewer people have asked me about the house we live in. The mood struck me so here are some quick pictures of our home. Before you continue remember, I have never been gifted in the area of interior decorating. If it wasn't for contact with some people who have this gift it wouldn't even occur to me to attempt to decorate.... so keep that in mind when viewing my simple home. This is not to show off any type of decor, lets pretend that you surprised me by stopping by and asked to look around. (I didn't even do any special cleaning for these pics so its kind of like you did!)

You walk in, just an empty entry way. I have had a few moments when I have thought about what I could do to brighten up the place but since we have had to buy alot of new furniture since moving here it has not been my top priority. On the right hand side is my laundry room and the half bath. No need to see details of those I promise they are the most basic kind and nothing has been done to improve them. I shut the laundry room door for the picture because its laundry day and I am not showing my dirty clothes to the world.



As you walk in you see into the living room, dining area, and out the back door. The piano is on the wall to your right. Exciting stuff??? You can see my little china hutch I love so much. Also my new big Japanese fan that I love on the wall.



The living room dining room and such from different corners of the room so you can get an idea of space and layout. Not that big but its really not to bad either. My new book shelves, I really like them. Its supposed to have a TV in the middle. Since we don't have one (and no we don't want one) I need to find a big vase with a plant or something to fill it up.... someday. You can see into the kitchen and up the stairs to the bedrooms. I will say my curtains that Jebs mother helped me with make it so much nicer then the cheap blinds. She taught me that much, curtains can make a big difference.



The kitchen has more cupboard space then I was expecting so thats really nice. There is a door that opens to the laundry room from here. Making it easy for the girls to run in circles through the kitchen, entry way and around and around.

Up the stairs you can see into the girls bathroom. It has a red and blue fish shower curtain, so in all my skill I bought red and blue towels and red and blue matching rugs... WOW. I did however wash the rugs together and the blue rug is now purple, red stayed the same surprising. There goes my skills. The computer room is on your right. Our bedroom is on your left. I am not showing you our bedroom. Even though it was clean, bed made and everything. Its just the bed is all there is to the room. Its just a bed with some closets I promise. We do have a master bath thats all.
(computer room)
Now the only thing I have some bit of pride in. I think the girls room is cute. Thanks to Jebs mom sending me the vinyl flowers and their names, and finding by chance a matching curtain at the base thrift store, for me at least this room is adorable. My tastes like I said are simple. The cutest decoration in the room of course was the two little cow girls I found when I came in to take the pictures. So cute I thought they would be the highlight of the tour.

Welcome to our home. Now how about some chocolate nut drop cookies? I made them last night with the girls, its my Aunt Janettes recipe and she has the best cookies in the world. :)

4 comments:

Rachel H. said...

It was so nice to drop by and see your place, we should really do this more often. I don't know why we don't come by more. And of course I would love some cookies, I've never been know to turn any down.

Gary and Char said...

Oh Salinda, I love what you are doing with your home! It looks homey and welcoming! I can hardly wait to see it. By the way, where is my room??????
I knew I could smell cookies and yes I would love some cookies. :)

Anonymous said...

So cute!!
I am glad you have a blog!!
Mine is bambroughfam.blogspot.com
I haven't dont much work on it due to a virus on my HP and I am not great at adding pics on the mac!!

Love ya!

Trent, Natalie and Jantz said...

HI Salinda! After you visited my blog I thought it would be fun to see what was new with your family in Japan! It looks like everything is coming together. I thought your house was VERY cute and those cookies/recipes of Janette's really are the BEST! =D

Natalie