Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A week of fun things

So I am a week late on doing my weekly week of fun little things. Oh well that seems to be my life the last two weeks. Jeb had to go for more "training" and to say the least I miss him terribly. You would think I am used to the lone parent routine but no it was actually pretty hard. Maybe I'm just extra emotional right now, that could be it too. Yet it seems life always goes on and lets you find little things to brighten your day.
So sometimes its just little things like looking at my kids while they eat their peanut butter sandwiches and I realize how cute and beautiful and smart and just all around what wonderful kids they are that my breath is taken away and I am so grateful to be their mom! I have to say my girls are great.


Then of course I enjoy watching my children have fun and develop friendships. They love some of their new friends, this is Cameron Pearson who they both enjoy doing things with immensely. A fun afternoon swimming was a great day to get out of the house. (and Niyah is not upset she is just sensitive to the chlorine)


Now these pictures are from an adventure that would take way to long to write about or tell about. But lets say that shortly after these happy pictures where taken, we drove across the bridge and preceded to be lost for the next three hours. And to be lost in Japan I learned is much much more frightening then being lost in a nice place like Utah. But we enjoyed the stop by the river beforehand anyway. Anyone who wants to wager what the picture with the screaming, running, little boy means, have a guess. We wonder too. Watch out there is a river down there maybe? We do enjoy the Japanese style of signs though they usually bring a smile.

Now this might seem strange but I wonder if you can tell the color of this egg? This is a Japanese egg and the first time we cracked one open we were taken back. The yolks are a really bright orange. Really Really orange. Not pale yellow or even dark yellow just bright orange and we wonder, since we know the typical American egg is from a chicken with dye in its food to make the yolk yellow, is this the normal color of eggs, or do the Japanese just use a different stronger dye for their chickens?? I don't know anything about the food laws and such in Japan but the eggs made us wonder. They tasted fine if you wanted to know, but they don't whip up near as fluffy as American eggs. Strange little things.
So enjoy a week of fun little things.

2 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Love the updates, hope you and the baby are feeling well.

Keri said...

I get to find you all over the web anyway!!! sounds like lots of fun Drew and i are learning Japanes right now we bought rosetta stone so we will see if it all works out
I can't belive how big your house looks you really lucked out, or are all the house not really that small? It is great to hear from you and i think your pics are great by the way!