Thursday, September 9, 2010

I love Japan: Indian Curry!

I have so many posts to catch up on but I wanted to do this one really quick.

The other night we went out to eat and I happened to have my camera and I thought I want to remember this place. I have learned to LOVE Indian Curry. I like Japanese curry but Indian curry is my favorite. It is very authentic here because the restaurants are run by Indian Immigrants.

This one in particular is my favorite: Nepali Kitchen.


This restaurant is just a little hole in the wall that you can easily miss if you don't know to look for it. The people who run it however are such nice people and that is one of the big reasons I love this place. I have heard its owned by two brothers but only one have we ever seen, and he is owner/cook and his wife always serves us. There is a huge language barrier but they recognize us and seem to enjoy us.



There have been times when we came in and Gena has been fussy or doesn't want to sit still and they will hold her while I eat. They always talk real sweet to her and sometimes give her special sweet baby food.

When we first found this place the wife was pregnant but now they have a little one. I always talk to him and they must realize I like playing with him because this time they pushed his stroller right up to our table so me and Gena could play with him while they fixed our dinner.





The food is also so very very good. My favorites, Mutton Curry, Lentil Curry, Tandorri Chiken, Nann (regular, cheese, and Garlic). Everything we have eaten there is yummy and we always go away very full. The girls also love when their Dad orders them a treat of Mango Lassi. (A Mango yogurt drink) A few times when Jeb doesn't order the drink for the girls they will bring them out one anyway.




The girls feel very at home here. The husband has taken to handing them a remote control for a large TV that hangs on the wall and the girls like to turn on some good Japanese Cartoons.




Like I said its just a little place but the husband and wife seem to be trying so hard to make it work. I just want them to succeed and I'm always sad that more people don't come and eat here. I know its probably because its a bit hidden but I am sure good real estate here is hard to come by.







Gena just seems to be very much at home here. Probably because we go here fairly frequently and she has been coming since she was a few months old.






There are several good curry places around here that I enjoy but the one I will remember the most is this one. I LOVE Nepali Kitchen in Japan



No comments: