Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Love Japan

So I want to do an occasional post about the little things I love here in Japan. Mostly for me so I can remember them when we leave and I thought it was fun to share. So this is my first post about things I LOVE in JAPAN.

Near the base there is this mall:
I really like this mall. It has a lot of fun stores and I just like walking in it. One of the nice things about walking in this and pretty much any big store here in Japan are their awesome strollers
I know it doesn't look all that cool but I think that they are. Their wheels turn in all directions making it so easy to turn and maneuver and spin your child in a crazy fashion as Jeb loves to do. If you live in Utah or someplace with snow and ever did donuts in your car..... yeah thats what Jeb has Gena do in this stroller. I think every store everywhere should have them
This is inside the mall.... and well I just love it
This is the theater in the mall where we have went to see a few movies. It is a little expensive comparatively to the American one on base but it is much more fun to see movies with Japanese subtitles and the credits opening up with Bugs Bunny speaking Japanese.
And my favorite place in the mall THIS!
We call it sweet sticks but as you can tell by the name it is actually stick sweets.... that's Japanese for you. But this place is so yummmmmy. Also see when I was a little girl and we would go shopping "Up North" because we lived in a small town and all school shopping must be done "Up North" in the Orem mall. My mom would get us a Mrs. Fields cookie every time. Its a great memory. Well Mrs. Fields shut down long ago and every time I went to a mall I would have a craving for something sweet and nothing would ever work right. Then I came here, found a mall and found our "sweet sticks." Sorry Mrs. Fields but the stick is better
The nice Japanese girl now recognizes me and smiles in a familiar way. Then she boxes up my special treat with a little bitty ice pack to keep it cool.
Then if I don't devour it at the mall or in the car on my way home I get home and open this

And these

The picture doesn't do anything for just how sweet these sticks really are. YUM
Ok so are they really that good? Yes I think so. Maybe its just a psychological satisfaction of a childhood time.... but I don't think so. If you like creamy, cakey, brownie like, they even have tart and cheese cake ones then I think you would love it too.
Just one reason why I LOVE Japan

1 comment:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Oh my.....I think you may have found a great business to open when you get back to the states!!!
YUM!