Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Here comes Turkey Day


(picture has nothing to do with post this is just me and the girls playing in the Japanese photo booth, the girls used the decorations tools, don't you love my crown!)

I just am so excited for Turkey Day. Tomorrow I start my cooking in the kitchen and don't plan on leaving for 48 hours (except a little break for dinner with some friends!) We are having dinner at our place. I am excited to be hosting it all on my own. For dinner we will have our good friends the Wilsons over along with the Porter family and a few single guys from the branch and Jebs work. Then afterwards I have invited several families over for a PIE PARTY! If you know me you know I love to make pies! I do miss all the family this time of year so I have to focus on what I am doing so I don't get to homesick. I think of Aunt Jannettes rolls and making pie with my mom and I miss it! I miss me and Janeal being tough playing football. :) I definitely miss family more at Thanksgiving then I do at Christmas, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday after all. SO Here is to Thanksgiving. If you have read my ramblings good for you, I just wanted to ramble I guess. For those who would care here is my yummy menu.





Turkey (stuffed with apple, onion, and garlic)


Stuffing (made by Allison she makes great homemade stuffing!)


Mashed Tators and gravy


Homemade rolls (aunt Janettes recipe)


some herb popovers


yams/sweet potatoes pecan bake


candied carrots


asparagus with Parmesan cheese


green onions w/cream cheese


deviled eggs


beets


lasagna


salad


jello w/ marshmallows




and the pies!


two chocolate


three pumpkin


two apple


two cherry


two cheesecake


one sweet potato




I think thats everything, of course I could be forgetting something I don't have my list in front of me. What do you think? Am I missing anything?




Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

4 comments:

Trent, Natalie and Jantz said...

Sounds Delicious! I hope everything goes well for you. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Rachel H. said...

holy cow that is a lot of cooking! I am sure it will turn out fabulous. Not like my Thanksgiving Debaucle of 2007. I don't think I can share the details, it was too painful! Ha! Have fun!

Debra said...

Wow. You have some serious energy if you are doing all of that. If Janette's rolls are anything like Bethine's, I know why you look forward to them...every holiday everyone wants those rolls. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving. And hope someone helps you with all of those dishes!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

HOLLY COW....you are one brave girl! I know you are most likely not cutting any corners (but if you are, don't feel guilty), don't let anyone tell you that you are not tough! This takes a whole lot of guts!!
I hope you enjoy your company and all the yummy food!