Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cute things

So me and some moms in my ward started a little preschool co-op. Yes I am still homeschooling the girls but I felt this was good for Niyah because she has been having a hard time always comparing herself to her big sister. I felt it would be good for her to do something all on her own. This also fits with homeschooling because each mom takes a week. So she is still being taught in a home in a loving environment. She has done really well with it and her confidence has went up. Which is what I wanted. This is Niyah on her first day.




I had to buy a new piano (weeks ago) and the girls of course loved the big box. It took turns being a boat, a cave, a castle, then a bed. Surprisingly their Dad said they could sleep in it all night. I was sceptical, but we let them try. Half an hour after lights out, they came upstairs wanting their own beds.






I was making honey toast when Niyah stole the bottle. I found her trying to drink it. She really likes honey.


So my parents sent Niyah some canned beets from their garden. She loves Beets!!! She would have ate the whole bottle if we let her.







Here is some cute outfits my mom sent. I thought they were so cute!




Harley is such a good reader. She loves to read to her sister. I thought it was so cute the way they snuggle up and Harley was reading Niyah "The Friend." She is such a good big sister.


Oh and for an update we have decided on a name for the baby.
As long as she really comes out a girl her name will be
Genevieve Kata Woolstenhulme
We will probably call her Gena for short.

history of it: Genevieve is Jebs grandmothers original name (she changed it later in life) it means Woman of/for the people its of course Italian. Kata (pronounce like Kate-ah) is from my grandmothers name Kathryn (Kate) we were going to just have it be Kate but then we came across this Japanese version of Kate which can mean both a form of martial arts, or as a name it means worthy girl (woman). Since she will be born in Japan we thought it would be nice to give her a Japanese twist. So together it means worthy woman of the people. We prayed and took our time making sure and I really love the name and feel good about it.

6 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

That is so great for Niyah. I wonder the same about my little boys. Will they need more, just to show them that they are OK. We'll see. But it sounds like HS is going well!
What grades would your girls be in?

I like the name you have chosen for your new addition. Now you just have to see the face to go along with it.

P.S.

"Hi, Harley! I heard that you are reading The Friend magazine.Well, I'm reading The Friend magazine to my brothers during the day!
What is a kimono? I wounder what it is but it sure sounds like it's something fun to use or play with. So, I looked at your family's blog. I heard that you got a piano. You and your sister played with the big box the piano was in. And then you and your sister used it as a bed, then you went up stairs and asked for your own beds. That was funny! Anyway, I've been learning the guitar. My guitar teacher's name is, Angellina. I've learned a few songs.
I hope to hear you from you again.
Love, Kaitlynd"

Gary and Char said...

How cute is that! The girls are of course adorable and Harley I am so proud of you and how well you read! Niyah you are getting so big and you looked very cute on your first day of pre-school. I am proud of how well you are doing!

Brittany said...

I love the pictures, the honey one reminds me of my oldest boy.

Jossie said...

Salinda,
Don't know if you remember me but we were in your ward before you moved :-) Niyah (or was it Harley?) was in the nursery with me. I clicked on your blog from Rachel and Mark's. I can't believe you are living in Japan!! That is super neat!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful name! Sounds like the girls are doing great and they are SO adorable!

Great work mom!

love you all

Anonymous said...

Your girls are beautiful. I hope all is well for you. Can't wait to see your new addition!