Monday, June 14, 2010

Celebrating 8

Harley turned 8. EIGHT can you believe that? I can't it just sounds so I don't know close to 10 which sounds real close to 12 which mean she will be in Young Womens which means well that she is growing up. Harley is an amazing daughter and we have said many times that we don't really deserve her as parents because she is just truly great girl. SO for turning 8 we figured she needed a great party and I would like to think we accomplished that goal.



The Invitation! Jeb made them, I thought he did a really good job!
Birthday morning I'm afraid there was not alot of presents to open mostly because we bought most of her turning 8 gifts on our trip to the states. So most of her gifts she already had (special dress, pierced ears, lots of earrings) But we did give her a first set of scriptures. She was really excited. She has hated being the only one in her church class without them. Everyone else has already turned 8 she was the last.
Harley talking to Mama's and Grapa via skype. Showing them her scriptures and getting ready to open her presents from them. They gave her a beautiful CTR ring and a few other special gifts.
The activity day girls group had a surprise for Harley that I think helped make her special day. They picked her up early and took her out for a breakfast donut! She is so happy to be finally going to activity days with her friends.
Getting ready for the party!
Whats all the fuss about Gena wonders????
We rented this in hopes for a great party..... I think it did its job.
The girls enjoying a couple of hours with the jumper all to themselves before all the guests arrived



Time to start the party
Woohoo Harley is flying and this is Lien, who Harley has told me is her BFF..... I don't even know where she learned that
All the kids... From the right in the back Noah, Addy, Shelby, Keefer, Jacob, Jackson (in between the jumper), Dakota, Harley Lien, Sarah, Chelsey, Bottom: Chloe, Jacob, Eli, Peter, Pono, Niyah, Chloe, Brinkly, Narissa, Nathia, and Jadyn.
Presents
Water guns kept them from melting in the heat
Jeb supervised the chaos with a water house. :)
The Cake... I was happy with it because well I know nothing about decorating cakes so I was impressed with myself. I made the hearts with a fondant marshmallow recipe.
One happy 8 year old = one great party!
We love you Harley!

1 comment:

WalkConkies said...

Wow - that is one impressive party! I better not let Drew read this post or he'll be jelous :). Isn't it crazy we have 8 year olds?!? Glad she had such a fun birthday!