Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sakura and Showa Park

Spring has come in Japan and as most people know that means cherry blossoms or Sakura!I was so surprised at how beautiful it was. The weather has been amazing and the air has smelled sweet. I don't really think that any pictures can do justice to the cherry blossoms. I don't know how to describe them best either. My best attempt would be, it is as if it has snowed light pink snow but only on the trees. Then as they all fall down it is as if it is snowing pink petals..... its a fairy land. I was glad that my mom who is here visiting (more on that later) was able to share it all with us. The blossoms were beautiful here on base where we live.We decided to take a trip to Showa park during the flower festival to really appreciate the blossoms and all the other flowers blooming.

I highly suggest you click on the pictures to make them bigger so you can get a somewhat better idea of how the blossoms looked, but really even that won't make it clear!
























The tulips where so big and beautiful





Check out this cool dragon slide!








Of course being at showa park we had to visit the bounce clouds, this is where the girls made some Japanese friends.



















I will load more pictures later of more blossoms as they became more full and began to fall, it was so fun!

3 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Beautiful!
What an amazing thing to be apart of.

Tell your Mom, "Hi"!

I bet you love having a visitor and it being your Mama!
Have TONS of fun!

Debra said...

How fun for you to have your mom there! Hope you guys had a great Easter...we had a fun family weekend...pics on my blog.

Talene said...

I cant remember if I've left you a comment before or not. I found your blog from Amber Fish's blog. Your kids are so big...and how exciting to live in Japan. How long are you there for? I have a blog but it is private so if you would like to see it email me your addy. the.david.clan (at) gmail (dot) com